The forests of CMPC Celulose Riograndense, also considering the areas of permanent preservation, provided in 2016 the capture of more than 12.1 million tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, a value 13 times higher than the emissions of the company. A benefit to the planet by reducing the impact of greenhouse gas intensification, mitigating the effects of the company and other activities.
• The number mitigates all emissions from the plant as well as all vehicle emissions from the Metropolitan Region of Porto Alegre.
• For each ton of pulp produced, 9.6 tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere are sequestered.
• With the production of own eucalyptus forests, planted specifically for pulp production, there is no suppression of native forest.
• The company is self-sufficient in electric power generation, which is produced from biomass, the residue of the wood cooking process. The company generated 972,675.75.75 MWh in 2017, of which 932,667.52 MWh was used for own consumption and 39,998.24 MWh was dispatched to the National Interconnected System.
• This generation of energy avoided the emission of 101,414.80 tons of carbon dioxide, and the energy exported to the national grid is a clean energy (from non-fossil fuel).
CMPC Celulose Riograndense has a specific portal with environmental indicators report, relevant event reports, environmental commitment document, glossary and contact channel.ACCESS THE PORTAL